Monday, September 13, 2010

Scatterbrain

scat·ter·brain

somebody incapable of organized thought.

a person regarded as unable to think seriously or systematically or to remember important things.


This morning I opened the fridge to get out the milk so I could make the boys some oatmeal...


...Uh-oh.



I heaved a heavy sigh, turned around, and opened the pantry door.

NICE.

I do stuff like this all the stinkin' time! We ate our oatmeal with water.



Last Thursday we were eating dinner at a diner in our neighborhood. We were sitting outside on the picnic tables, kind of next to the street, when I lost Dominic. I panicked.


Me: "Where's Dom?" (Head wildly spinning in a 360)

"Rich, where's Dom!?


"Dom!?"


"Dominic!"






My friend, Khendra: "Crystal, he's in your lap."




Here's another story for you...

Last Tuesday was a busy day. I had two Dr.'s appointments.
First, Dame's. Then mine.


Lady at the counter of the first appt.: "What's the patient's name?"

Me: "Damon Innes"

Lady: "Uh... this appointment was scheduled for the 21st."
Shocked me: "Oh no, no it wasn't... see? It's right here in my planner on Tuesday, today. (me thrusting my planner in her face... because that's evidence, right?) There must be some mistake."
Lady: "No, no mistake. Dr. So-and-so doesn't even work today. Can we reschedule you for this Thursday?"
Annoyed me: "Well, I guess we're gonna have to."



I was kind of snippy, but geez! It was obviously a mistake on somebody's part and I was peeved. So since we had an hour to kill now that we weren't being seen... I decided to run to Walmart next door to buy a gift sack for a baby shower.
I didn't want to lug my whole purse in, so I just grabbed my wallet and keys. Then... I absentmindedly let Damon play with the keys so he'd stop screeching.
You can guess how this story ends up.
I spent the next HOUR running in and out of the store to make sure my car was still there, and retracing my steps up and down the aisles.
FINALLY, after an hour, someone turned them in at customer service... I guess they needed to finish up with their shopping first.




So... to end the day, I drove from Walmart to my friend's house to drop off the boys so I could go to my second appointment. I loooovvve the dentist... (as much as I love my eyelashes being torn out) ...I go quite often. Ugh.
Anyway, it's a 20 minute drive because when you find a good dentist, you make the trek. I got there, just in the nick of time (spent too much time roaming the aisles in Walmart, I guess) and Lorraine, the receptionist says,



"Oh Crystal! I've been meaning to call you, Sweetie... did you realize that your appointment was on the 21st?"



Seriously!? I scheduled TWO appointments on the wrong day. And now I felt like a complete loser for being all miffed at Damon's receptionist. (who, by the way, slapped a nice $30.00 missed appointment fee on me when I returned Thursday).
Please tell me you've done things like this before.
Sometimes I don't even feel responsible enough to be a mother! Sheesh!

3 comments:

Kristen Kohler said...

ha ha! oh man! how do i talk to you and not know these stories til I read your blog? so funny. and sad. it's not your fault, just remember that. it's our kids making us sleep deprived and crazy :)

Heather B said...

Ok, those stories were pretty funny, til you got to the appointments...then I just felt bad. That sucks. I have definitely done stuff like that.

Katie said...

Oh Crystal! You make me feel better about my life. :) THanks! Not many people do that. HAHA!!