Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Sand, Cars, Scissors, Paint, Scarves, Forts, Legos, Puzzles, Chalk, Shopping, Noodles...


I.love.this.place.



Oh my gosh! How could I have lived in Phoenix for this long without knowing about such a wonderful, wonderful place. I couldn't take ENOUGH pictures... it was just so cute. My boys were in heaven. This post is ridiculously lengthy, with enough pictures in it to be really annoying, but you've just got to see how much fun these guys had at the Phoenix Children's Museum. Maybe it will inspire you to go too... and if you do, let's make it a date! I'm in love.

This is my friend, Amy. We used to teach together in our former lives. Now we get to "mother" together. Sadly, since Rich and I moved to the other side of the valley, our visits entail an hour of driving, and a missed naptime... but it's worth it because I love this girl. :) And her sweet family too. Thanks for introducing the museum to us, Amy!

Dom, playing with the Sand Table...




Damon and Amy's Camden in the "3 and Under" room.

Sometimes (often) I inadvertently make myself the "unofficial spokesperson" for things/places I love. Today will be no different. You've GOT to check this place out! In the "3 and Under" room, you can let your babies roam free! Nothing for them to put in their mouths and choke on. Plenty of gadgets to entertain. Floors are (relatively) clean as you remove your shoes before you enter. There are curtains to pull around you that hang from the ceiling in case you have a nursing baby in tow and need to take care of bees-ness. There are even little "pods"... papasan looking plush little beds that spring up out of the ground so you can lay a newborn down to sleep while your other ones play. Genius.

Dom was in love with the little circular vent pictured below.
When you stand on it, it blows out air.


We could have seriously stayed in the first room all day long and both my kiddoes would have been pleased as punch. But... we moved on to the room next door and THIS is what we found...



A Grocery Store!

Just their size. I remember going to one of these as a child and being in love and never, ever wanting to leave. How fun is this!?



Dominic, price matching. He's just so saavy. That's what I love about him.

"Yeah... the juice is on sale at Trader Joe's for $2.69."


"Ok...$2.69? Do you need help out to the car with that, Sir?"



Next, the boys found the racecar ramps. We were here for a while.


Then, Dom borrowed a motorbike and suprised us all with his sick driving skills...


...so responsible, that boy. Even topped 'er off after his joyride.

Are you starting to fall in love with this place yet?

Here's Dom's absolute favorite, hands down...

...the Noodle Forest!


This was endless entertainment... so much fun!

Here... have yourself a virtual noodle experience...




Here's the Carwash. Complete with the "dryer" that blows air down on you as you exit. Man, I wished I were 2.


... taking the big bike through the wash.


On our way to make crafts, we stopped to admire this little contraption...




... this one too.




Then... we crafted. We made and decorated our own "Monster Bookmarks" from the book Where the Wild Things Are.

Dom helped (hindered) me as I cut out the bookmark with scissors. And he decorated his bookmark (and his nose) with yarn, markers, and stickers.

This is the Castle. Every day it gets painted a different color. Isn't that awesome!? Dom was very serious as he painted. No messin' around.


Our next stop? The Fort Room!


Fully-equipped with blankets, clips, cushions, and props... everything you need to make a blanket fort.

There was a "tots" area in the Fort Room for the little ones. Damon busied himself with puzzles, legos, tents...


...and wooden toys.



And then all the little guys played some peek-a-boo.


As we reluctantly made our way to the exit, Dom stopped briefly to enjoy this little contraption... air shoots ping-pong balls out of the PVC pipes into the air.

Oh... and this BIG contraption...


Here's the play structure upon entering the museum. It was field-trip day when we went (although there was PLENTY to do for all the kids and didn't make me crazy like my trip to the dinosaur museum!) it was being well-loved when we arrived, so we skipped it in the morning and decided to enjoy it on our way out.
This thing is HUGE!





There were still so many things I didn't get pictures of. (I was already being really annoying taking as many pictures as I did... at least Dom's not old enough to be embarrassed by me yet!)
We're going again tomorrow... I'm so excited. Maybe more so than the kiddies are.
And, I won't be a crazy camera lady.
We'll just enjoy.
(and maaaaybe I'll take a picture or two!)
P.S. Any well-meaning grandparents who may be reading this post might make their Christmas shopping experience a bit easier by maybe, possibly contributing to our "Phoenix Children's Museum Year-Pass" cause. Haha! ;) Just sayin'.

3 comments:

Heather B said...

You just sold me! That place looks incredible. Can't wait to take my girls there.

leslie jo said...

We have one of those in SLC at Gateway too! My kiddos LOVED it when we went, however it is pricey yes. Is yours? We might have to put that on our list for whenever we come as a family to phoenix again.
The boys are getting soo big. Can't wait to see them in about a month!
RICHIE did tell you right?

Deb said...

I haven't been to the Children's Museum in Phoenix but I remember taking Michael to one in Springfield . . . not sure he'd have much fun now since he's 18!!! (Which officially makes me old!!) You do such great things with your kids and make such wonderful memories ~ I wanna be a mom like you when I grow up. :-) We really do need to get together at some point. I miss you!