Thursday, June 10, 2010

Favorites

Dominic is in LOVE with puzzles.




And I am in love with buying them for him.



And so... our playroom is f - i - l - l - e - d with them.






They are his most loved activity...



followed closely behind by shape sorting:


















...watching "Choo, choo" and "Bear" (Thomas the Train and Little Bear) with Daddy or Damon (well... he still couldn't care less for Damon, he's just along for the ride):












...creating masterpieces on his easel:




(No, he didn't make the stars. He always asks me to draw stars, or a sun, or the moon.)










...recklessly pushing around his dump truck,



running over toys and baby brother's feet is always sure to put a smile on his face:







...playing with his train table (thanks Dena and Zachary!):








...stacking blocks with Daddy:








...climbing on things he's not supposed to (the oven, the fridge, OUT of his crib...grrrr):









...sitting in the sink and playing with the water:







...and sitting in his clubhouse.








Actually, he only likes doing this if he can hold me hostage in there with him. It's sooo tiny and squishy sitting there with my knees to my chest, huddled up in a ball next to his little camping chair... and if I try to escape... he "No's" me and pulls the doors shut again. Alas, I only last about 2-3 minutes in there before clausterphobia sets in and I MUST get out... and then a tantrum ensues... ahhh, it's hard being two.




Oh, oh, OH! I mustn't forget... (even though I don't have a picture of this one, which is odd since this is what he does ALL day long) reeeeaaaallly now, his favorite activity, if I'm being honest... is turning the lights and the fans off and on. Oh. my. gosh. This is really annoying right now. So annoying that I bought him a stool so he can move it around to all the light switches himself. Otherwise, he's following me around all day, whining,




"Light!? Light!? On! Off! Fan!? On! Off!"




Good grief, he is really into lights and fans. "Light" was one of his 1st words... the fascination continues.





I love this boy... and his combover too!


(Eat that, family.)


Just kidding... kinda. ;)



5 comments:

Angela said...

haha, We love this kid-and his combover...but wait didn't he just get a new haircut? It was so good to see you guys!

The ABC Family said...

LOVE LOVE the pictures. How did you do the little picture collage?? How are you doing? When can we hang out again friend???? I miss you!!!!!!

Amber said...

:)

Kristen Kohler said...

cute!!! i haven't seen the train table yet- owen would love that! fun pictures

Donna said...

What a lucky boy to have so many neat toys to play with. He is definitely a two year old! I just spent three weeks with Kerrie and her little two year old. Phew- was that exhausting. My hat is off to all you wonderful moms who work so hard at doing your best!