Monday, June 28, 2010

My Sweet Dad

This man is my hero. I cannot put into words how much I love and admire him. He is such an example to me of unconditional love, faith, strength, perseverance, selflessness, optimism, humility, and steadfastness.


And I am certain that anyone who has ever known him can attest to all of that.
My wonderful Dad, I love you so very much.


. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I am so grateful for the opportunity we had to drive up to Idaho and spend time with this amazing man. Dominic and Damon absolutely adore their "Poppie". Damon even grabbed both of his cheeks with his hands and planted a giant open-mouthed kiss on his face. This trip was such a blessing and we made some wonderful memories. Thank you, so much, Daddy and Arlene, for making sure we had a fabulous time.
We love you oh so much. :)



Both my munchkins got some one-on-one time with Poppie as well as time together. These pictures warm my heart. Priceless...


Poppie and Damon:







Poppie and Dominic:






A Couple of Handsome Devils...



Stories:



One of the highlights of Dominic's visit was going out to feed the "Moo's" with Poppie. He looked so spiffy in his little cowboy shirt, my heart almost melted.



I almost felt like an intruder, photographing this special time they shared together... but I'm so glad I got these pictures.









Dom was sooooo very impressed with the "Moo's". He asked about them for the remainder of the trip! Thank you so much, Daddy, for going to the effort to show our little guy what it's like to live on a "mini-ranch". He had so much fun!



And didn't want Poppie to put him down. ;)





I just love these photos.
My dad still pats my head and rubs my cheek like this. I love it.
He is such a kind-hearted man.


(Eating chocolate doughnuts... Dom got spoiled.)






Dom also had a wonderful time with Grandma, eating her "nandy", watering her flowers, smelling her oils... and spending time back in the soap kitchen, smelling the soap.
("Mmmmm... Nandy.")








We were sent home with a bunch of bars of homemade soap and Dominic loves to go to my cupboard and open the bag to take a little sniff every now and again.




I can't wait to visit again soon. Can't get enough of this guy. :)
I love you so much, Dad.


2 comments:

melissa said...

Tears...I love your dad so much! He has always been the favorite of my grandma..the protector and gives a sense peace in any situation. I spoke to him on the phone a few months ago and he had so many wise words from his heart. Bless you all and I am blessed to have you as family! Love..melissa

Peterman Family said...

Wow! You are such a talented lady. You see so much beauty in the world and you really capture it so well with your blog. I need you to teach me how to do it. I can't blog like you and am too dumb when it comes to computer things. I am so thankful for you to be able to share that with me. It was a real joy to see these pictures and hear the stories. Your dad is a wonderful man and you captured that time with his grandsons so poetically. You are beautiful and everything you touch has no choice but to follow your lead and try to be as beautiful as you.