Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Our Happy Easter

Our Easter was great this year! Dominic is old enough to get excited about holidays and it makes it so much fun. He found his basket immediately, but had a meltdown because he reeeaaallly needed to eat his beloved bowl of oatmeal before he could focus on anything else. So, here he is... after filling his tummy with yummy goodness. Happy, full, and ready to see what the Easter Bunny left him and Damon.




And here's our little Easter chicky with his basket. Love him.







Dominic was excited about the toys... didn't really know what to do with the eggs until...




...Daddy showed him what was in them.


"Oh Wow."






Here's what the Good 'Ol Bunny wrote in Dom and Dame's cards:



Such a thoughtful bunny.


And here's some more cute pictures just because.
I can never choose which ones to post... so I post them all.
Because I can. ;)








(Dom's 1st pull-back cars. He liked them.)



In between General Conference Sessions, we had our sweet friends, Mandi and Seth and their two munchkins over for barbecue yumminess and an Easter Egg Hunt in our back yard.




The Hunt...







This is Little Jack.


And here's Lily-Lou.


Dominic doesn't care to carry his basket. That's my job.
He also didn't really understand that the goal was to grab as many eggs as he could find, put them in the basket, and THEN eat them.


So he ate as he went.



Here's Seth, Rich, and Dom. Mouths full.



Mandi and Me.

After Conference was over, we headed over to my good friend, Vanessa's house for dinner and another Egg Hunt. Let me just say that this gal knows how to throw a party. Wow! I'm just sorry I didn't bring my camera. Because it was kinda amazing.
There were so many eggs in her back yard, it was incredible. Dom filled another basket full (and this time, he didn't take the time to nibble... he was all business). The food was amazing, delicious, and scrum-diddley-umptious.
There were prizes, games, hula-hoop contests, and water balloon tosses. We had a blast! Vanessa, thank you so much for including our family in your Easter celebration.
We love you!
I hope all your Easters were relaxing, wonderful, and filled with love.

2 comments:

leslie jo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
leslie jo said...

sorry I couldn't stand my large grammar errors..


K can I say I am "surprised" those cards don't start with "Roses R Red, BYU is Blue" hehehe!

What a thoughtful Easter bunny indeed leaving cards and all.
Ryker does the same thing with his eggs during the hunt. We had a small Easter Egg hunt at the heli field in St G and then the Easter bunny left some to find Easter morning in our hotel. He still had to inspect the candy inside before moving on to the next. It's a good thing we put limit on the eggs. Jo was SOOO glad the bunny found us!

I am glad you had a nice Easter. I missed my family but it was a good changes and we were away from all the snow that hit home.

2 parties in one day you rock!! You all look great!
Will you send me mandis email so I can get an invited to her blog. I can't wait to see you again the boys are growin too fast.