Sunday, March 7, 2010

What a Blessing!

Yes, our little Damon is truly a blessing to our family. And last Sunday, he was given his blessing in sacrament meeting at church. I don't know if he was tired, or terrified by all of the men gathering around him, or if he simply didn't like to be lying on his back, but as soon as Rich began speaking, Damon started shrieking. He cried throughout the entire blessing! Although it stressed me a bit, I couldn't help but smile to myself because Dominic did the exact same thing. Silly little angels. As soon as the blessing was given, we said "Amen" and Rich sat Damon upright and the crying came to an instantaneous stop. Everyone in the congregation laughed. At least he was entertaining. :)


I was very impressed with Rich's calm while giving the blessing. It was beautiful and I could strongly feel the Spirit, even though Damon's cries filled the chapel. Damon was blessed to be a peacemaker to all of those around him, and to be an example to his brothers and sisters. He was blessed with a bright mind and a healthy body. He was blessed to be a respecter of women, and to take a young lady to the temple some day to be sealed for time and all eternity. He was blessed to serve a mission for the Lord, and to honor the priesthood. Those are the main things that I remember.


I smiled to myself again as we drove home in the pouring rain. Of course it would be raining... everything important in our family happens when it's raining. How fitting. :) Rich needed to stay after church for a while to take care of some business, so Rich's brother, Jim, barbecued for all of us, Jen and Thayne and their family drove out from Surprise again to join us, and Rich got home just in time to eat! We had burgers, hotdogs, baked beans, salad, chips, and then peach cobler, brownies, and ice cream! It was a wonderful day. We are so blessed.


And here's our little angel-boy in his blessing outfit:












The little lamb is from "Mamie" (my mom). She gave Dominic something similar for his blessing, it was a little white bear. So sweet. :)




Us.


Daddy and Dame...





Me and Damon


And just for fun... a little walk down memory lane.

Here's our sweet Dominic on his blessing day! I'm really silly and sentimental... so I am wearing the same dress, and the boys wore the same blessing outfit.



We are so thankful for these sweet little boys. They bring us so much joy. They tire us out too, that's for sure. But we love, love, love them. And...

"It is not a slight thing when they, who are so fresh from God, love us."

I love that quote.

And I'll always remember that, and be grateful for the opportunity that I have been granted to raise these beautiful, wonderful little boys. My little angels, straight from Heaven. :)

3 comments:

Amber said...

how cute! they look almost like twins in the same outfit!

The ABC Family said...

Just precious! They do look exactly alike in their blessing outfits. Can't wait to see you guys.

Cortney said...

Adorable:)