Monday, October 27, 2008

Jack-O-Lanterns, Spiders and Dominic's First...

Last Thursday night, Dominic woke up about 6 times and a feeling of dread washed over me as I panicked that his Prevacid wasn't working. The next morning, he was sooo cranky and wouldn't take his bottle. I could tell he was in pain and I thought I was going to have to make an appointment with the Ped again to talk about his reflux. But to my delight, as he was crying with his mouth wide open... something caught me eye. I stuck my finger in to do some rootin' around in there and sure enough... I found THIS!



Yay! His first tooth! Waahhh! He's getting so big.

Now... on to holiday stuff. So, now that we're a "family"... we decided to start doing some more holiday traditions. And so... after our trip to the Pumpkin Patch, we decided to carve a Jack-O-Lantern for FHE on Monday. It was sooo messy and sooo fun! We also baked some yummy pumpkin seeds that we can eat while we watch "The Nightmare Before Christmas". Our Jack-O-Lantern... who I've dubbed, "Jack", (naturally) turned out super-cute and I was so excited to put his happy face on our front porch for all of the cute little trick-or-treaters to see! Here are some pictures from Monday night:








Here are our YUMMY Pumpkin seeds...



So... after a few days, I went out to light "Jack" up because I was feeling festive. And to my utter dismay, I found this...



I guess in Arizona, you should only carve your pumpkins the day BEFORE Halloween. Poor Jack... so long dear friend. Darn sun.

Lastly... I was just wondering...who needs fake plastic spiders to decorate your porch with when you can have the real thing!?


One bad thing we've discovered about our new place is that every other night or so... we have about 3 more black widows to kill outside. I don't know where they keep coming from! Time to call the bug guy... wouldn't want any little trick-or-treaters getting bit. :( Pretty scary lookin' huh? Welp... Happy Halloween!

7 comments:

Britany said...

That is freakin' scary!

melissa said...

Yikes..I HATE SPIDERS!!! Love the pumpkin pics..such a cutie! Melissa C

Amber said...

That looks so fun (minus the black widow part!)

leslie jo said...

yeah a tooth!!! He is growin up too fast! The pumpkin carving looks fun, yeah sorry about JACK may he RIP. That spider looks freaking scary call the bug guy NOW

Angela said...

I like the pic of Dom with Jack all lit up-don't you just love Halloween time? hopefully you guys don't get bit!
Oh, and congrats on the tooth Dom!

The ABC Family said...

YAH FOR DOM'S FIRST TOOTH! That is so exciting. We have black widows by our door sometimes too. It's crazy. I love the pic of Dom with the pumpkin.

Jennifer said...

Hooray for his first tooth! The pumpkins look great! My uncarved pumpkins did the same wrinkly thing--we carved them anyways. Black widows like Arizona- the good thing is that they usually do just hang out in their webs, and don't come inside.