Wednesday, August 15, 2012

We Interrupt the Vacation Posts to Bring You...


...the First Day of School!

Dominic: 4 Years Old!

Higley Elementary 2012-2013

Ms. Jen

We tried reeeally hard to get a "thumbs-up" picture...
And guess who gets to ride the BUS this year!? (I actually drove him that first morning, but he rode it home and will ride it to and from school from now on.)
Guess who wishes with all his little heart that he could ride the bus...Guess who was so excited that even though we are going to a new school with a new teacher... we recognized a familiar face on the bus! Mr. Chris is one of our favorite bus drivers.
Last year, Mr. Chris was one of the 3 bus drivers that let Dominic climb aboard for a high-5 every.single.day. after preschool, even though Dom didn't ride the bus last year. We like him a lot. We're glad he's Dom's bus driver this year.
We've been in school a full week now. So... how is it? Hmmmm... I don't really know because since he rides the bus, I don't get to have a little mini-conference with his teacher at parent-pick-up. I know his first day was rough, because I dropped him off. He layed down on the sidewalk kicking and screaming at anyone who tried to pick him up. I walked away after the teachers told me they "got it" with a couple of tears in my eyes as Dominic screamed, "Don't leave me! I don't know how to use my brave!" I know he has cried every day. He tells me.
And he told me that he saw his beloved Mr. David (bus driver from our very 1st year of preschool who Dom used to high-5 and who let Dom ride the bus home twice, just because he's super-awesome) and that he ran away and tried to get on Mr. David's bus but his teachers made him get off and told him that he would be taken to the wrong house if he rode that bus...and Dom told me that he cried.
So, lots of tears. But maybe it's just first week jitters.
Dominic comes home from school every day and traces his name over and over again. It's our "homework".


And on the very last line, he writes it all by himself. Pretty good huh?
And he can wite Damon's too. He's pretty proud of himself.
Aaaand... he actually just started reading. Really reading. Without my helping him. He can read C-V-C words (consonant-vowel-consonant) and words with digraphs (ck, ch, tch, sh). Anyway, I'm so proud of him and his desire to learn. We'll work on his desire to attend school. :)
Happy school year 2021-2013!

No comments: