Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Welcome to this World

Here he is...
Drew James Innes.
I went into labor a little before 2:00a.m.
Dr. Huish walked into the L&D Room at 5:36a.m. and broke my water. Drew was kicking and screaming at 5:39a.m., May 4th.
My biggest boy yet! A whopping 8 1/2 lbs and 20 1/2 inches long. Check out the below picture... he doesn't look like a little newborn.
Oh, we LOVE him.

He has a big mouth... the better to scream with.
Big brothers came with Daddy to visit at the hospital. They like him.



Proud Daddy
Tired Mama
Lots of hair! (In back, at least.)


Here he is in the little outfit and blankie that Dominic and Damon came home in. It's an "up to 7 lbs." sleeper. But I was determined to stuff his fat little body in there like a little sausage for sentimental reasons.
The obligatory "going home from the hospital" picture...
Drew's 1st car ride... his poor neck.
Dominic is responding to him so much better than expected. He adores him. He saw him and "Awwww"-ed, and asked to hold him. He loves to smell his hair and count his little fingers and toes.

First bath... given by Nana.



Same little alligator towel used for the boys' first baths.
Little photo shoot taken today... the first time I dressed him. (I don't like to dress my babies for a while besides putting them in the little hospital shirts and their diapers. My way of prolonging their newborn-ness, I guess.)


Damon really loves Drew... he asks to hold him occasionally. He giggles and smiles at him...but he's been having a very hard time with tantrums and "Mommy do it." and "Mommy hold you!" We're all adjusting. :)

Some more of Dominic adoring his new baby brother...



And let me just give a shout-out to my AMAZING in-laws. My house is immaculate, every time I turn around another load of laundry has been washed, dried, and folded. The dishwasher is constantly running and I don't start it. Everything is tidy and neat.
The boys have been having the time of their lives!! Daddy has been home, and has been able to spend some real quality time with the boys. Nana and Bumpa are so awesome at keeping them busy. They've gone to the park, the dog park, been read to, played with, doted on, done crafts... you name it.
Today... they went swimming. :)
We are all happy and well! We feel so blessed.
The End.

12 comments:

Deb said...

Congratulations!!! He is a beautiful addition to your family. :-)

Britany said...

Crys, love this post, and LOVE the pics of new baby Drew. He really is absolutely adorable and precious and perfect! I am so proud of you and happy for you! What a blessing. I miss you tons, sending love your way!

Amy Jarrett Hill said...

Your life is beautiful! Thank you for sharing. And since WHEN do Mamma's leaving the hospital get to wear skinny jeans????

leslie jo said...

Awe he is sooo cute! I love reading your blog. Glad you are doing so well and that mom and pop are treating you like a queen, you deserve it! Take Care MIss you!

Heather said...

Crystal-
I am so happy for you!! Three handsome little boys. Sure miss you guys. Congratulations!
Heather Christensen

sotflicka said...

Thanks for all the awesome pictures! He is so darling. I want to nuzzle his sweet baby cheeks! And yes...it's not fair for you to look that amazing after having a baby and leaving the hospital. I miss all of you and am so glad you're being taken good care of. Love, me. xoxo

Trista said...

What a cutie! Congratulations!

Donna said...

Thank you so much for sharing! He is beautiful and so big!! You look amazing Crystal for just delivering ad 8+ lb. baby. I am so happy for you and Rich and your whole family :)

Donna said...

Thank you so much for sharing! He is beautiful and so big!! You look amazing Crystal for just delivering ad 8+ lb. baby. I am so happy for you and Rich and your whole family :)

Heather B said...

Oh my goodness! He is a GORGEOUS newborn!!! Congrats and NICE work, and YAY for that fast labor!

Amber said...

so cute, he does look really big in that picture with the doctor :) Excited to meet him in person!

Jennifer said...

Congratulations Rich and Crys! He is just beautiful! All of your boys are so handsome and growing up too quick. Love and miss you guys!