Friday, February 19, 2010

My Little-Big Man

Dominic is TWO! And he threw 3 tantrums today to prove it. But aside from his rollercoaster of emotions, we had an awesome day! It started out like this...





When he saw me taking pictures of it, he decided to play in it again.






Little Stinker.



Here is what I did not get a picture of... I bought a new pack of diapers for Damon. Emptied it out into a basket, and in my rush to get the kids out the door... threw the empty bag carelessly on the floor. Later that day, we came home from the park. I sat down to nurse Damon and Dominic found the empty bag. While preoccupying myself with the task at hand, I heard the toilet lid slam shut. While hurling myself accross the bedroom (nursing baby in tow) I heard the toilet flush.




"Oh no he didn't!"



"Oh yes... he did."



After pulling the empty diaper sack out of the toilet (luckily it got stuck before it went all the way down) and mopping up the bathroom floor I realized that this phase of my life has only just begun. I'm sure he'll come up with many more ways to prove he's two.



Like this...





And this. Mmmm-hmmm.




On the bright side, he's learned how to do something for himself that makes my life a little easier. He can now feed himself oatmeal with a spoon! Woohoo!






A little messy? Yes. But nothing a good bath can't fix. And what does it do for me???

I get to either ...


a. Nurse Damon in private (as fate would have it, they always wake up at the same time and they're both very hungry) or

b. Eat my own breakfast


Thank goodness for small blessings. :)


Oh... and here's a picture of Dom's latest silliness:


He's not so much into hot dogs anymore... just the ketchup. He'd drink it through a straw if I'd allow it. Gross.


So anyway... what did we do for his birthday!? We went to the park. It has a carousel, (which Dominic is terrified of), mini-wave runners, a mini-ferris wheel, and a bunch of coin operated rides. We chose the coin operated ones. Dom is still a bit of a ninny. And they looked safe. :)

Here he is driving the Chevy.



And here he is on the miniature carousel.

And here he is... being cute.




Next, we fed the ducks.



And the highlight of his day? We went on a train ride.
Dominic is really into trains. We're lucky enough to live pretty close to a railroad crossing and whenever Dominic hears the whistle blow, his eyes light up and he runs around the house yelling, "Tain!? Too-toooooo!!!"



So, here he is on the "Tain".






Don't let that stone face fool you. I was wondering if he was having any fun until the train stopped. He threw himself to the floor of the train car and there was weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth. Apparently he enjoyed the ride.



That night, when Daddy got home, we opened presents and Dominc wore his special birthday cake hat. It's spiffy.





Happy Birthday Sweet Boy!
I love you, and your tantrums too.



P.S. On Saturday we had a birthday party for Dominic and all his cute little friends. I'll post pictures soon! :)

2 comments:

Kristen Kohler said...

Ha! I love it! I wish I had started a blog to capture all those lovely two year old moments! He is such a cutie ;)

Donna said...

Happy belated birthday Dominic! How cute is that hat! He sounds like a very normal tantrum-throwing two-year-old. You are in for alot of fun. Stay healthy all of you. Love yas