Wednesday, January 13, 2010

An Update on the Cherub...

Hi. I'm 8 weeks old.
(And I'm pretty darn cute.)

Damon has such a sweet spirit.
All I have to do is look at him and he gives me one of these...

... gorgeous smiles!




What a happy guy. :)


He's still got a ton of crazy hair... and it's coming in white-blonde!
Just like his brother. :)




He loves being swaddled, and can't fall asleep easily without it.


He loves the bath and enjoys really warm water. If it's only as warm as you're supposed to make it, he cries and his bottom lip shivers.



At around 5 weeks, he started having a really hard time nursing.
At six weeks, he started crying all throughout the day.
And I started to get panicky.
Then he stopped sleeping totally during the day.
And I had visions of Dominic's early days dancing through my head.
I went to the pediatrician and the doctor concluded that, yep, he had reflux.
My poor babies.
He tried to be happy...


...but then he'd puke and it HURT.

Then he'd try to be happy again...
...and then he'd puke again and lose it. Poor little guy. :(

But now he's on medicine and all I can say is,
"God Bless Prevacid!"
I now have my sweet, complacent baby back.
He sleeps soundly, and even gives me 5-6 hours at night!
I'm so thankful I didn't have to wait 10 months to figure it out this time!
I'm sure Damon's grateful too. :)

Dominic is continuing to warm up to him.
When Damon cries, Dom runs up to me and tells me "Deen-dee!" (binkie) and then grabs my hand and leads me to the baby so I can put Damon's binkie in his mouth.
It's been a long couple of months... but I think Dom is finally accepting him a little.

And that makes my heart happy. :)






3 comments:

Britany said...

Oh Crys, that baby is adorable. The boys are so cute together. I neeed to see you, when are you coming out?

sotflicka said...

How cute! He sure is growing fast. I'm so happy Dom has a little brother to play with :)

Heather said...

What a handsome little guy!