Monday, January 19, 2009

11 Months and Counting...



Wow! My baby is growing so fast. Dominic is 11 months old today and he's still the JOY of our lives. Some funny (and not-so-funny) things he is doing now...

~~He is petrified of bubbles. He BAWLS and runs (crawls) away when we blow bubbles. :( I thought he would LOVE them! But no, it's like torture for him. I thought it was kinda funny, so when Rich got home, I had him blow some more to show him what Dominic does. He immediately started crying and crawled right up my torso and buried his face in my neck... climbing and clawing the entire time. Then we felt bad. So... no more bubbles for Dom.

~~When he gets mad, he screams, stiffens his body, and then (if he's sitting) he folds himself in 1/2, spreads his legs, and bangs his head on the floor. Yikes! I'm scared... really.

~~He's just learned to wave bye-bye and also to clap his hands when we say "Yaaaaay!".

~~He hums all day long. "Hmm-hmm-hmmmmmm!" He's just so happy, it's catching.

~~He shakes his head from side to side and giggles. What a funny guy. We love him.


Here are a few pictures of the little guy... doing what he does. :)


Cheeeeese!!! Do you think he's used to getting his picture taken or what?




This is his "Curious" look. We love it when he makes this face.




Dominic LOVES yogurt.






He'd eat it for every meal if I let him.




Mmmmmmm... Yum-num.





Congratulations on your FOURTH tooth Dominic! He got his 2nd front tooth (his top right)on Friday.




So now that he's got some little chicklets in his mouth...


Let there be BRUSHING...




And BRUSHING...






And BRUSHING!





I'm sure that this is probably against the LAW in 48 states, but I bought Dominic a pink Cinderella Princess phone. He giggles when she says "Ahhh... I could dance all night!" I know, kind of disturbing.... but it's a flip-phone that is very similar to mine. I can barely hear out of my phone anymore because of all the action it receives from Dom. And there just weren't any "boyish" phones in the "last minute, gimme-gimme check-out isle". So... Princess Phone it is. And he LOVES it.






But... don't worry. He also plays with his VERY boyish red race car that he got from his Mamie. He pushes it around the living room for, like, 45 minutes at a time.







He is an excellent crawler now and can get anywhere in 3 seconds flat! Whew!




He likes to color. (Well... he likes to EAT colors.)






And he's looking a LOT like Poppie Olson!!! :) We love this boy!




We love you all and hope that you are doing fantastic! Love, Us. :)

5 comments:

leslie jo said...

OK so he is sooo cute! I love the pink phone, JIm would die, as I am sure Richie is. Just wait till he dresses up in princess clothes hehehe
Yeah on another tooth more man food then eh?
Glad all is well!

JoAnn Innes said...

What, bangs his head on the floor! Sounds just like his Daddy! He is so cute we sure miss him. Love NANA

Angela said...

Agh! He is sooo cute! I miss you guys already. Hope all is well in AZ.

Kerrie said...

What a gorgeous little man you have! He sounds like he has such a fun personality too. That's hilarious that he is scared of bubbles. Hope he's not traumatized for life.

Jennifer said...

Could he be any cuter? I can't believe he's almost one! ARe you throwing a first b-day party?