Monday, January 5, 2009

Christmas Vacation

We're back! Our trip to Utah and Idaho for Christmas was snowy, busy, cold, and SOOO much fun!!! This... is a reeeeeaaaallly long post, but we were gone for a really long time. So HERE are 25 FUN things we did:

1. We got a chance to wear our cute winter clothes (FINALLY)!



2. We got all bundled up...



3. Went to Temple Square (Of course! What kind of Christmas vacation is complete without a trip to Temple Square?)



4. Enjoyed the Lights!

The ones at Temple Square...

And the ones on Nana's Christmas tree...

5. Watched our brother-in-law Ross sing at the Assembly Hall



6. Enjoyed the SNOW!!!



7. Played lots of games, like...

...Age of Empires (Ahem... until 3:00 in the morning!) ...Wii ...and of course, our traditional game of Boggle. (Although you'd better study good ol' Webster before you play because Rich's family knows words like "nit" and "quid"... yeah, they're smart like that.)

We stayed up late at my brother, Jarrod's house playing board games too. Apples to Apples, the "What if" game... (that one's becoming a tradition), and a few others. Thanks Jar and Jen for hosting the Olson Family Christmas get-together this year!!! We love you guys!

8. Loved Family


















9. Played with Cousins





10. Learned some New Tricks!



On our trip to Utah, Dominic perfected his CRAWLING, , PUSHED himself to a SIT, PULLED himself to a STAND (in the bathtub... because wanted to see how fast I could move), learned how to DRINK from a STRAW, and learned the art of stair CLIMBING!!!
He learned it on the two steps that go down to Nana's living room and got pretty darn good at it.

In fact, the first thing Dominic did after we got home was to climb both flights of stairs in our house all by himself... except for, like, the 20ish times that I had to save him from a sure and sudden death.

11. Listened to Jarin play Christmas Songs on his Guitar

...Thanks Jarin, I LOVE the Spirit of Nativity song. You are sooo talented!

12. Had a Very Merry Christmas! (And celebrated Dominic's FIRST Christmas!)



13. Enjoyed our Stockings



... Nana Innes made Dominic's stocking. He's our little drummer boy, (a toy soldier). :) Rich and I's stockings are Soldiers too. JoAnn makes the stockings for each family the same.

Poor Jolene... or should I say "Poor Jolene's future husband"... her stocking is a ballerina. Haha! Let's hope he can handle a lot of taunting. ;)

14. Opened Presents



15. Got Spoiled



My sweetie-pie niece, Zoe, saved up her babysitting money so she could buy Dominic this cute stuffed doggie. Zoe, you are such a love. :)


16. Took Hundreds of Pictures of Our Kiddies Awww... look at all those proud parents!

17. Ate Waaaaaayyy too Much Junk



18. Threw a Few Tantrums



19. Went Ice Skating



20. Fed Some Cows



...Look what a good little farm boy Rich would make!

21. Made a Quilt with Mom Innes



22. Had a Happy New Year!



23. Went to the Movies and Dinner with my Best Buddy! I LOVE this girl! :)


Ahhh... and I love the movies. Rich and I went to "Twilight" right after we got into Utah. Loved it. We watched "Valkyrie" with Kara and Dallas. It was really good... and, I bawled my eyes out. (I'm sure no one is surprised in the least.) Thanks Kara and Dal, we had tons of fun with you guys! We wish we lived closer so we could do it all the time! :)

24. Visited Good Friends

I was also able to visit my wonderful friend Tiffany and her parents... but I forgot my camera. (Soooo unlike me... but I'm sure they're all relieved anyway.) It was so good to see you Tiff!!! :)


25. ...And Drove aaaaalllllll the way HOME. If you add up all our driving time: the drive up to Utah, the drive to Tremonton, Pocatello, and Paul, and back, and the drive back home to Arizona... we drove about 35 hours! We got a little bored... hence Dominic's faux-hawk.


Welp... there ya have it! We hope you all had an AWESOME Christmas break!

9 comments:

melissa said...

oh my gosh..I did not know you were in Utah!? I would have met up with you!! We were there for 10 days! Lets promise to meet up next year! melissa

Angela said...

That is such a cute blog, and thanks for posting all those pictures so I can steal some:) It was so great to see you guys-and talk to you!

Mrs. Allens Class said...

Good, it looks like you guys a great vacation :) We missed you though, I'm glad you're back!!!

Deb said...

It looks like you all had a wonderful Christmas. You are an awesome photographer! We need to visit soon.

Jennifer said...

Cute pictures Crystal! It looks like a fabulous trip! I'm sad I missed the boggle tournament:) It's so fun that my cousin's now have little ones (beautiful little ones!)

Donna said...

Crystal and Rich-so fun to see you guys and your little Dominic. I love the pictures of the lights and the one where Dominic was playing under the tree came out so beautiful! What a great idea to take that photo! I love the quilt you guys made. Wow. I need to live near to Jo to learn how to make awesome quilts. Looks like you had a wonderful, fun, safe holiday. Maybe we'll see you in Feb. if we visit with Jen and Thayne. Love ya

Maran said...

I'm so glad that we got to see you guys. Dominic is such a darling little boy. I love his adorable smile and laugh!

Staci said...

Holy looong post!! HEHE! I'm just joshin' ya. I loved seeing all the fun you had while you were right by my house(we live in the U housing now). Don't you love the sarcasm! I wish I could have seen ya but I honestly know how crazy busy it is when your visiting family. Promise me next time you'll come see me. I would love to see Dominic. I gotta love his big blue eyes and blonde hair. Love ya Crys!

Moss Family said...

hey crys its good to see some pictures and that was fun looking at all of them....I am sooo glad you had a merry christmas it is fun to see the pic of you and kara just like the good ol' days... love ya krys