Tuesday, December 4, 2012

And I was Thankful.

...that I have such an amazing (and good looking) husband.
 
...and that he finally learned how to carve a turkey this year.  ;)  (Thanks Ross!)

...for this little sack of sugar.  Sooooo sweet. 

 For a super-sweet sister-in-law who helped me whip up a Thanksgiving feast...



...for fun turkey headbands that made us all feel like kids again.
 
 ...for delicious Thanksgiving food, 'nuf said.


 
 ...for 10 1/2 wonderful years with a truly amazing, selfless man.
 
 ...for this sweet, unique little man, who keeps me on my toes, teaches me patience and humility, and gives me a new way of seeing everything.
 
 ...for this tender-hearted little guy, who speaks with a Boston accent, says the most endearing things, and who expresses his thankfulness to me for every little thing every single day.
 
...and for this beautiful new addition to our family, who is so patient with all of us, who smells so wonderfully sweet, who feels so squishy and warm, and who can melt away all my worries with one open-mouthed smile.

...for loving family who drive endless hours with small children to share the holidays with us! 
 (And who act like it's no big deal when they wake up the morning after they arrive to my eldest puking his little guts out.)



...for a new Innes Family Tradition:  the Thankful Tree







 

 
...for an adorable 4-year-old who has just begun to "write".  Oh how I love his "thankfuls"!
(school)
 
(hugs)

(pumpkins)
 
(Baby Drew)

(play with friends)
 
(tub)
 
(Superman and the Giant)
 - the game Rich and the boys play every night when Daddy gets home.  They are the supermen, Daddy is the giant... complete with Fee-Fie-Foe-Fums, squealing with delight, running for your life, hiding, and the blood of an Englishman.)

(eggnog)
 
 (trampoline)
 
 (air conditioning vent)
Ah yes... musn't forget that one.  No, he's not thinking about the hot Arizonan summers, he's in love with the sound of the engine coming from behind the vent cover.  Love that boy.

I was thankful that I had enough food to not only feed me... but to give me a nice little food baby for a few hours afterward.  That was pleasant.  Really, it was.
 
We were all pretty useless for a couple of hours after the turkey...


 
...and then we got up off our (5 lbs. heavier) bums and were so, so thankful for the beautiful Arizona weather in November, which allowed us to spend the remainder of the evening scootering/riding bikes in the culdesac...





 
 
For all of that and so, so much more... I am so thankful.  :)

No comments: