Thursday, June 7, 2012

Celebrate Good Times

He was one excited little boy.
Who wouldn't be? He got Mommy all to himself for a "date" to his "Celebration of Learning"
(thanks again to Nana and Bumpa!)
We spent a good 20 minutes playing "teacher" in the calendar corner.
Dom was Miss Julie. I was Dom.
He introduced me to some of his cute little friends.
This is Dom and one of his favorite friends, Miss Lizzie...
...this boy doesn't let just anyone hug him. Really, just mom and dad.
But for some reason, he makes an exception for Lizzie.
Our date couldn't be complete without combining our efforts to make a block house.
With a "flag" on top...
Here is Dom and his amazing teacher. We love her to bits. We love her to pieces!
We are going to miss her so much next year!
I got to check out some of Dominic's art that was hung up around the classroom:
The Under-Water Sea Mural:
(...in case you were wondering. duh. Those are jellyfish. And the green stuff is seaweed.)

Aaaaand, here's some snippets out of my boy's portfolio. He's pretty much a genius:
Here are a series of self-portraits...
Dom says this one is me, however. I'm flattered. :)
And I wish my legs were really that skinny.
...this "self portrait" didn't materialize. See where the teacher wrote "new baby" down in the bottom corner? That is an explanation to me for Dominic's refusal to do anything in class that day. Kind of sad.

And here are a few more shots of his work...
Lastly, his journal. I love it when kids are made to keep journals at school. They say funny things like... "I like my turkey because of Dr. Owl."

"My favorite planet is the hot earth."
And "My favorite thing at a BBQ is pizza because it is cheesy."
He actually HATES cheese and makes us scrape every bit of it (and the marinara) off of his pizza so he can eat it "dry".
Dom has grown more this year than any other year in his little life. We are so proud of all the incredible progress he's made socially, speech-wise, and academically... and so thankful to every person in his life who has worked so hard to get him to where he is today.
Way to go Dominic! A celebration of learning for sure.
We love you big guy.

No comments: