Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy Christmas!

Hope everyone had a Happy Christmas!


This year was really fun (and of course, really, really hectic! What am I going to do with 3 of these little boys!?!?). Dom and Dame were so stinking excited that Santa had come. The bikes and scooter (above) were actually hidden outside on the front porch until after all the presents were opened. Here's what our morning looked like...

My mama and her sweet hubby joined us Christmas morning (our Christmas morning, the 23rd... we drove to Utah later that day. Did I say it was hectic?) for stockings, presents, and a HUGE (seriously, we overdid it!) Christmas breakfast.
Ha- I love that Dom was so excited about new jeans. Check out his happy little face.
Rich got some under armour for his early morning bike rides...
I scored a Sonicare toothbrush... hopefully this will help our dental bill. :) Man, I am definitely pregnant... check out those cheeks!
We finally bought our kids coats! We were just going to borrow some for our Utah trip, but we found a killer deal aaannnd it was FREEZING in Arizona the whole week or two before we left. So guess what the temperature was our first day back... like, 80! So much for the coats. Maybe it will cool down again so they'll get to wear them a bit?
Dom and his super-cool cordless keyboard that hooks up to the TV. Nevermind that it is pink... it was a steal and it was the last one left. I'm sure all 3 of my boys will (eventually) enjoy it... despite it's femininity. ;)
Damon and his beloved Thomas the Train set. We should've saved this gift for last... sparked a meltdown, and a fight, and we had to beg/bribe/force them to open up the rest of their gifts so we could finish packing and hit the road!
This is really cute... Dominic went "shopping" at school with his preschool class. I sent him with money and he picked out presents for the family. He got Daddy a screwdriver, Damon a coloring book, and he got me a little snow globe (which Damon promptly shattered, giving himself a nice slice on the top of his foot... totally hectic morning). He helped wrap each gift with Rich and my help and excitedly watched us open them up.
When my Dad passed, we got a bit of money. I used some of it to buy some meaningful pieces for our home that I thought my Dad would approve of. It was fun to be able to write, "Love, Dad Olson" and "Love, Poppie" on the packages. It was another little way to remember him and include his memory in our Christmas celebration. So, "my dad" got this for the family...
...and this for Dom and Dame's room. :) I told Dom that Poppie sent us a present from Heaven, and he was so excited.
After opening gifts, the boys played with their toys (and fought over the train set and threw tantrums) while my mom and I finished breakfast.
Rich went outside to discover his new beach cruiser...
...and the boys went outside to discover these!
Damon doesn't quite grasp it yet... but he's making it work.
Dominic was excited about his new bike and scooter... but not excited enough to ride them in the "freezing" cold (it was in the 40s... my boys are truly AZ kids).
Hope you and yours had a magical holiday this year! Merry Christmas!

No comments: