Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Movie Night at the 'Tope

I love our neighborhood. Love the homes, love our neighbors, love feeling like I'm living in the 50's as I pedal my beach cruiser up and down our tree-lined streets... and I love the fun community events held here: kids triathalons, golf cart parades, and movie night on the football field. This is so fun for the little guys. It's not just movie night... it's mini-carnival-dinner-treats-movie night.



Here's my brave little man, waiting in line to jump on the bungee trampoline... I thought the safety harness would freak him out, but he loved every minute of it.







Dom had a panic attack last year when I put him in the bounce house. I remember having to crawl in after him because he was screaming and frozen with fear, and when I tried to grab him to pull him to safety, he freaked out, and I think I got a black eye, a gut-punch, and a fist-full of hair yanked out of my head. He was that terrified. He keeps surprising me with how far he has come in this last year. Something like this would definitely have been sensory overload for him previously... but this year, I couldn't get him out of the bounce houses!


Damon got stuck going up the ladder and the worker had to climb in and save him. He looks a little unsure about the slide... but he was grinning after he got to the bottom.


Unfortunately, Dominic missed the minimum height limit for the climbing wall by 2 inches. He was so excited to have a go at it. Something to look forward to next year...
Damon, enjoying the bubble machine while we waited in line to get our faces painted by "Bubbles the Clown". He ate that bag of Doritos for dinner... oh, and also his weight in candy.


After it got dark, we spread out our big quilt and our camp chairs and settled in with the rest of the neighborhood for a showing of "Rio". Cute movie. The boys loved it...what they saw of it. We took them home about 1/2 way through when they started getting restless, but they did pretty darn good at sitting quietly on our laps. They thoroughly enjoyed themselves.
Agritopia, we la-la-love you!

No comments: