Monday, February 28, 2011

"So Biiiiid!"

I was sooooo going to do the potty training at 22 months... you know, the 3 day thing?


Problem: Damon was born when Dom was 21 months.
So that idea was thrown out the window, right along with the idea of exercise, a clean house and a sound mind... although those things have sllloooowly started to make a reappearance.


Anyway, I just couldn't stand changing Dom's "human poops" anymore. And so... after a trip to the store for a potty ring and 18 pairs of Thomas the Train "wun-wear"...


...we have a potty-peeing-professional on our hands.



He stopped having accidents after day 2 (that was a loooooog two days) and it's been almost a month since then. Woo-woo!
(For the sake of celebration, let's pretend that he doesn't save his poo for naptime in his diaper... so I'm still cleaning up "human poop" aaaannnnd having to run him to the potty while I'm in the middle of grocery shopping so he can pee pee... who's idea was this!?)




Congratulations Dom! You are seriously "So Biiiiiiid!"

3 comments:

Heather said...

Yea!! That is such a huge milestone!

Katie said...

Ah yes, that is exactly why I put off potty training as long as possible, not only is potty training enough to test every ounce of self control I have, but having a small "potty trained" child is SO MUCH WORK FOR ME. I try to wait until they can hold it longer and I can teach them to get to the toiler, remove the pants, climb on and go all by themselves. Then of course there's the "Mommy! I need my bum wiped!!!!" Somehow it's impossible to avoid the middle of the grocery store potty stop until they're about five. :) GL! I'll be doing this soon. Bryce is turning 3 in April.

The ABC Family said...

YAY DOM!