Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Damon is ONE! (-ish)

So, in my previous post I mentioned that some things I used to think were important (like blogging) were put on the back burner the last couple of months. I think that's not exactly what I meant... because I do think blogging is important... it's the only record that I have (besides tons of undeveloped digital pictures) of my babies' lives and of Rich and my life. So... even though my big boy had his BIG birthday two and a half months ago... let's just pretend it's fresh! ;)


Here's my sweet little man on his birthday... check out that open-mouth grin. He's always been such a happy guy!





Hi. I'm one. :)

And I'm a handsome Son-of-a-Gun.




Check out how we celebrated my BIG DAY...

Mommy and Daddy paraded into my room and woke me up singing "Happy Birthday"... because they're thoughtful like that.



I ate some cheerios for breakfast and Mamma played paparazzi.

Then we did a photoshoot on the bed.

And after that... the fun started.
I got a package in the mail from Aunt Robyn, Uncle Cori, and Ella and Alice.

Daddy helped my open it... the anticipation was killing me.


An ELMO CAMERA!!!
Oh my gosh, how did they know!?
Now I can be just like Mamma. ;)







We went to the Farm Grill for my birthday dinner! It was $FREE.99
(Plus I got to wear this super-cool birthday pin).





We waited for our family to get here from Utah to have my party. Aunt Mimi, Uncle Goran, and Aunt Jolene all came! Mom made me wear a party hat (just because it's your birthday doesn't mean you can do what you want to, p.s.) that I wasn't too thrilled about...


...but that's okay because next, she gave me THIS:

.....Mmmmm.
Strawberry Cake with Rainbow Chip frosting.



Mamma tried to squeeze in a quick family photo... but we were really too excited... and I'd already done enough posing for the day.




And then, I got more presents! I was so excited to get my hands on those beautifully wrapped gifts so I could...

... stand on all the BOXES!!!



I got a new ball popper, a new V-Tech singing school bus with balls in it, some new clothes, and a singing toy puppy!
Birthdays are the best.

No comments: