Monday, October 4, 2010

Cheap Entertainment

My boys love the bath.


I remember when I was a little girl... I used to take 2 or 3 baths a day.
My mama can attest to this.


I still remember making motor-boat sounds with my mouth in the water and sliding down the back of the tub to make a splash. Oh... and opening and closing my legs really fast so that the water sloshes in and out and in and out and eventually causes a huge splash that reaches my face. And... pushing off the faucet-side with my feet and the opposite side with my hands until the water made waves so high on both sides that I could just lay there and it would move me back and forth.



Looks like the apples don't fall far from the tree.




Dom loves to make the water go "All done!" because of the shhhllllurrrrp sound the drain makes when the last little bit empties. It makes him squeal with delight and he tenses his whole little body up in anticipation. Then, he likes to open the drain, stick his little face down there, and try to see where it went.















Damon recently figured out the faucet...


while Dominic discovered how to "float" on his back.









These faces would be happy for hours if their Mama would just let them live in the tub. Alas... nobody has that luxury. And thank your lucky stars you don't have to witness the wailing and gnashing of teeth that accompanies the exodus. It's not a pretty thing.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Haha, I love that you remember the funny things you did in the tub! Now that you mention it, I remember doing a lot of those things too. I also used to use my hands to cause the water to swirl around me like a whirlpool, or even run in circles in a big jetted tub to cause the same effect.

Donna said...

Your boys are growing up so fast! Dom looks like a pre schooler. He has lost his babyness. They both are adorable and look very happy. At my age, I still enjoy a nice, warm, relaxing bath!