Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Private Damon is 8 Months Old!

Well, this Little Soldier has officially mastered the army crawl.


He started to do this the week that my sisters-in-law were here... so about a week and a half ago. He's pretty good at it now. This little boy is growing so fast!!! It makes me a little sad... ah, well, "C 'est la vie."




As of two days ago, he's 8 months old. He's such a happy guy. Still very laid back. He has a silly, quivering laugh that sounds like a little lamb and cracks people up. He adores Dominic, who still doesn't really acknowledge him. As soon as Dom walks into the room, Dame's face lights up and he usually squeals or giggles... and watches him like a hawk.

He loves to play with all of Dom's toys (which annoys Dom to no end) and loves swimming in the big pool with Mommy and Daddy. He hates the floatie though, so we have to hold him. He's a picky eater, just like Dom. He's actually worse than Dom. He won't eat any baby cereal... and pretty much detests all baby food. I cook him sweet potatoes and dice them for him and he'll eat those... he likes little tiny pieces of wheat bread, baby "puffs", and that's about it. No bottle, no sippy (although he likes to use the sippy as a teething toy)... he's a stinker. :)

He pulled himself up to a stand yesterday, all by himself. He's been super-close quite a few times... but yesterday, he army crawled to the bookcase in his nursery in pursuit of the Very Hungry Caterpillar stuffed toy on the 2nd shelf. Then, I watched as he pulled himself right up to it, grabbed it off the shelf, and fell back down to his bum. Woohoo! He's having a hard time though, not being entirely mobile, it drives him (and me) insane. He just wants all of his body to function right now. He's just gnawing at the bit. He wants to run and play and chase Dom all over the house. If I pick him up, he wrestles me to get away and out of my arms until I almost drop him. If I put him down, he army crawls a bit and then gets frustrated at his slow progress. He doesn't like to just sit anymore, novelty of that has long ago worn off. So, he's pretty much frustrated. But even though his adventurous spirit is trapped inside his novice little body, he's a good sport and can be cheered up in an instant. He just makes me tired! ;)

He's still not sleeping at night. Sometimes he'll have an awful night and be up 4-5 times. Sometimes he's just up twice. On average, it's 2-3 times. After our failed attempt at letting him cry it out, I'm terrified to try it again. I realize that he was trying to break his teeth back then, but it's kind of scarred me. Ugh.

Anyway, he's a sweetie and he's worth all the sleepless nights he's given us. All he has to do is flash me that wide grin in the morning and I forgive him for the previous night. :)

Damon, we love you so much! Even more than sleep.

No comments: