Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Okay... It's Been Waaaaaay Too Long.

Whoa. I am embarassed... my excuse is that we've been soooo busy with travel, and family, and work, and moving to a new house, and rennovating, and church, and... I am soooo pregnant (so sad that this is the FIRST time that I've even mentioned this on my blog, shame on me) that all I want to do is SLEEP... not blog. But I am so sad that I can't get on here and browse through my last few months of summer fun! So, this may take awhile, but I'm going to catch up. I told myself that I wouldn't try to do that... that I'd just pick up where we are now, but we had such an awesome summer that I want to remember it all. This may take a few posts, but here is an update from July until now.

The Fourth of July

We spent the day in the canyon in Provo, UT. with Rich's family. Isn't it beautiful? I miss the mountains.





Dom was a little unsure about the fireworks at first...


But after a few, he LOVED them!





For the bigger show, we went to the church lawn somewhere in Lehi.

The next day we had a big family barbecue! Mmmmm...

While we were in Utah, we went swimming... a lot.


On our last day there, we all went up to the mountains and had chili dogs and smores.





Yellowstone

After Utah, we headed to Idaho so visit my mom and her hubby.

They took us to Yellowstone and Jackson Hole. We had a blast!



Mom and Jim in front of Old Faithful

Daddy and Dom

The Tetons

Us in front of one of the Elk Horn Arches at Jackson Hole in the Square.


Rupert, Idaho


Next, we drove down to Rupert to visit my dad and his wife Arlene.

They took us jetskiing. It was so much fun...

until the jet ski quit on me and Rich while we were in the middle of the river. Haha!



Dad, taking it for a spin...


Rich, taking a brave Arlene for a spin...

Dominic, Poppie, and Grandma


Tremonton
On our way home, we stopped at Tremonton for the night to visit my brother Jarrod, his wife Jen, and my nephew and niece, Trevor and Zoe.


Dom LOVES these guys. Here's Trev and Dom, watchin' cartoons.




Zoe and Dom



Then Rich left for Germany and me and Rich's sister Amy drove back to AZ and...

we MOVED!!!


Dom loves his Auntie Mimi!



Family Reunion in San Diego
(This one needs a post all it's own... so I'll get right on that. But for now, here's a few pics.)

After Rich got home from Germany, we moved and then two days later, me Rich, Amy, and Dom all drove to San Diego for the Trasmundi (Rich's mom's family) Family Reunion!



Here's the Carlsbad Beach... our hotel was overlooking it.




Dom LOVED the sand at the beach... and eventually he loved the water too.


Dom and Daddy





Dom and Mommy... yes, that's my big prego belly.


I'm about 7 months here... almost.



Dom's sleeping quarters... as you can tell, he loved it.

(We shared a room with our sister Angela and her hubby, Ross, and their little girl, Allie... it was interesting. ;) But fun!)



Back Home to our New House... and a LONG Few Weeks of Renovations!

(I didn't take before and after pictures of anything else besides our new wood flooring.)


Before...


...and after.


I am so sad that I didn't take more before and after pictures! Oh well... I will take pictures of the finished product though... well, the finished so far project... and then post them so you can see our new home! :) We replaced our tile with new tile... our carpeting upstairs with wood floors... and painted every room in the house except Dominic's downstairs and the kitchenette. I'll post pictures soon.



I also just got home from a wonderfully WONDERFUL trip to see my sweet Dad. All four of us siblings flew in to see my dad in Idaho from Arizona, Washington, Utah, and Louisiana. We had such a wonderful time!!! We celebrated his 70th birthday. I am currently on a HUNT for my SD Media card so I can extract my pictures taken on that trip and post them. It was wonderful. WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH DAD!

6 comments:

Deb said...

Oh Crystal, you update your blog about as regularly as I do lately :-) We need to get together before you have this baby. I didn't know you were MOVING! Dom looks like such a big boy now! Talk to you soon.

Amy Jarrett Hill said...

Great posts Crystal! Love your new house, can't wait to see more pics. We are moving to Litchfield Park this weekend. Just bought a house in Old Litchfield. Would love for you to come by next time you are on this side of town. Congratulations on your new baby...what are you having??? So happy for you!!! Yeah!

Angela said...

yeah! Now I can just look at your blog instead of update mine;) Fun summer, it has been great to see you guys so much! Can't wait to meet new baby soon!

Lindsay Brummer said...

Hey, I was so excited to see a post. Been thinking of you lately. The floors look amazing :)

Staci said...

No Way!! I can't believe your prego and about to pop. I guess that's what I get for not being a better friend and calling you. So I'll be callin' you soon! Looks like your summer was way fun and busy!

The ABC Family said...

SOOOO glad you updated your blog. I am sorry I didn't make it out to see you this week. It will be soon I promise!!! Love you!