Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Camping at Mormon Lake



After six years of marriage, Rich and I went on our first ever camping trip with our friends! We went to Mormon Lake and it was so much fun. We were supposed to leave on Saturday morning, but that night it was going to snow and rain and get down in the high 20's... so we waited until Sunday morning and we stayed until Monday afternoon. It was so good to be away from all the things we thought we needed (cell phones, internet, TV, etc), although I love those things... we needed the break. We sat around and ate, played cards, ate, took walks, ate, slept, ate, relaxed, ate, and ate. On Sunday night we had a devotional around the fire and sang and drank lots and lots hot chocolate (it was so cold!) and ate waaaaay to many chili dogs by anyone's standard. Then we bundled Dominic up and headed off to bed. He wore a onesie, his babylegs, socks, 4 pairs of zip-up sleepers, two hats, mittens, his fleece swaddler with two handwarmers shoved in the feet pouch, 3 blankets, and then he layed on two other handwarmers. I slept two hours that night. I was worried he was too cold, I was worried he was too hot, I had to keep checking the handwarmers because I was worried about them burning him (through, like, six layers of clothing... but whatever), I had to make sure he was still breathing underneath all those clothes. Dom couldn't have cared less. He slept beautifully... only woke up once to eat. We thought he'd be really hard to take camping but he was much better for us out there than he is at home! He must love being outside. He wasn't fussy at all! Maybe we should become bush people. ;)





5 comments:

Scott said...

Looks like you guys had fun. Actually, it looks like Rich had the most fun with that beard of his drinking Diet Dr. Thunder. I would also recommend the Target version, "Dr. Spice" or "Dr. A+" from Albertsons.
Scott

JIll said...

Yeah!!You guys are bloggers now!!!Dominic is ADORABLE!!!Looks like you guys had a fun time.I think that is great that you guys are taking Dominic camping at a young age.It can be exhausting for you but in the end it is worth it!Also, it sounds like he sleeps better in that fresh air!
Are you guys going to be coming this way during the summer?We would love to see you guys and meet Dominic!

Amber said...

I'm glad you guys got to go camping! I had to laugh at all the clothes you put on Dominic! Lol!

leslie jo said...

Glad someone got to get out on Memorial Weekend. I can't believe all the clothes you put on D that is oo funny. It reminds me of A Christmas Story when the boy couldn't put his arms down.
I am glad you had a nice relaxing time too. Looks like it was lots of fun campin, cards, food .. my idea of paradise.

Katie said...

Hi Crystal!
I saw your blog off of Staci's blog. Email me so I can invite you to my blog.
Your little boy is adorable!