Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A Trip to Grandma's House

So... a few weeks ago (I'm always behind!) we took a little (terribly looooong) drive up to Utah/Idaho. Rich's baby sister was getting married (next post) and we were anticipating a visit to see Grandma Arlene (my Dad's wife) in Idaho since we had already come 12 1/2 hours... what's another 3 (ahem...turned 4 1/2)???
We haven't been out to my Daddy's home since he passed in December. Turns out... it was just exactly what I needed.
So good for my heart! We had a wonderful-underful time. :) There are so many pictures... the boys are always in heaven at my Dad's house because they are free to roam around outside and the property is huge and fenced in.

Dominic and Grandma went straight to the garden to dig up some fresh vegetables for dinner. Oh my - I've never had such delicious carrots! I don't even particularly like carrots. These were like candy and we ate them cooked without anything on them even! I wish I had a garden.





Next... delish tomatoes.
...and we always stop and smell the flowers.
Dame loved the porch swing.
And oh boy... there were lots and lots of rocks to throw! He seriously did this for 15 mintues.



Who knew jumping off the pavers onto a wood board could be so thrilling. This little activity lasted a good ten minutes. Haha! I think they were just loooooving the cool, crisp weather.


My Dad made this bench. :)


The next few pictures are just of my Daddy's property. I love this place. I woke up early enough to snap some early morning pictures just as the sun was rising. So peaceful... it felt so wonderful to be at my sweet Dad's house!

My Dad was converting the hayshed into a little barn. He only got one side done. So there it sits... half way done. Pretty though, isn't it?









There is a beautiful little apple orchard in the back yard. We had such a great time filling up boxes of apples to take home!


Can you tell how much fun he's having?







We brought some home to eat (and Grandma gave us a whole case of homeade applesauce too) and we used the rest to make delicious apple pies at Nana and Bumpa's house in Utah!
The next morning, on our way back to Utah, we stopped to snap a picture of my Dad's beloved Sugar Factory. I love the way this place smells on cold mornings. Just like my Dad smelled. :)
And, of course... we stopped by my Daddy's resting place and left him a rose.
Dominic was pretty disappointed he didn't get to see "Poppie". He doesn't really get it yet. Although he says "Poppie lives in Heaven". He tried talking to him through the grass. :) Soo stinkin' cute and innocent. I love that boy.
And I loved this perfect (minus the long car ride) trip. Totally worth the drive.


On a more embarassing note: On our way home, we stopped in Tremonton to see my brother and his family. Here's my nephew, Trevor, entertaining Dom.


Our boys were so incredibly rotten I almost broke down bawling in the Arctic Circle. (Actually... I almost left them at the Arctic Circle. On purpose.) Vacation is NOT vacation with these two little stinkweeds. They were sooooo naughty! (Here's my big brother, Jarrod.)
At least we got to see our sweet family (this is my sis-in-law, Jen)... not sure if they're really that glad they got to endure seeing us?

No comments: