Thursday, April 7, 2011

Culdesac

One of the reasons we bought this home was that it was situated in a culdesac. Oooh, aaahhh! Let me tell you, I have not been let down. We love it. For many reasons...

tricycles...


push toys... beautiful sunsets... a meeting place for all the neighborhood kids...
an entire 360 degrees chock-full of garages...perfect for Dominc's love affair with garage doors. Here he is in front of his personal favorite. This one belongs to our sweet neighbors, Sharon and Kermit... who so kindly endulge him in his obsession (as if I could keep him away, anyway)...



A couple of great man-holes. Another of Dominic's obsessions...


a big, wide-open space for these ones to explore while I sit in my lawn chair and enjoy them (actually, I'm chasing them down in every direction, successfully splitting myself in two when one runs one direction and the other runs the opposite).






the fact that some day Rich will be able to play basketball or street hockey out here with the boys. Until then, he plays "motor", and he's pretty good at it...


Plus, it's right on the other side of the fence from the dog park... and "dog-park-people" are really friendly. Aaaaand they share their sweet puppies with my two dog-deprived little men.



Damon looooves doggies.

Damon gives reeeeally wide, open-mouthed kisses.


Not such a great combination... unless you like puppy tounges in your mouth...



...which he apparently does.


What I hate? Well, unfortunately my kids now have no fear of the street (I actually had Dominic pretty perfectly trained to stay on the sidewalk until we met this here culdesac). But I'm still in love... just have to watch those little runaways like a HAWK when we're out and about in public. (AKA the Chick-fil-a parking lot. Sheeesh! Don't even make me tell you about it, I'll probably cry.)




Damon and his "Beep, beep"...




Dominic has just recently learned to jump... love this.




No comments: