Monday, December 1, 2008

So Much To Be Thankful For

We hope you all had a very Happy Thanksgiving filled with love and laughter and yummy turkey! (Mmmm... and I hope you are all enjoying leftover turkey sandwiches... with extra mayo and lots of mustard!) We had so much fun this year! Our wonderful friends, Brent and Angela Earl, drove all the way down here from Utah this year just to spend Thanksgiving with us!



We love you guys!!! We all drove out to Surprise and were able to spend Thanksgiving with the greatest families ever. Jen and Thayne, thank you so much for hosting this year. Umm... and last year... and the year before that... well, thanks for always hosting! You guys are awesome!

We had Jennifer and Thayne and their kids, both of Thayne's brothers, Darin and Neil, their wives, Donae and Heather, and their kids, Hollie and Jarin and their kids, Brent and Angela, and Rich, Dominic, and me! It was so nice! I love big family get-togethers.

We ate the yummiest Thanksgiving feast ever. Then we talked, laughed, jumped on the trampoline, went crazy with all the Black Friday adds, watched a movie, played Speed Scrabble (which Jen is waaay to good at.... I finished nicely in last place) and just enjoyed each other's company.

Of course I was excited because it was Dominic's first Thanksgiving. And his pediatrician just told me that I can start feeding him meats and basically anything except for nuts, eggs, and straight milk. So we had fun! He ate turkey, cranberry sauce, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, and pumpkin pie! He finished off his whole plate! What a lucky duck that his first time eating "grown-up" food just happened to be on Thanksgiving Day!









I have so many things to be thankful for this year! What a wonderful immediate and extended family we have. And what a wonderful husband I have. He is so perfect for me. Dominic is such a blessing in our home. We have amazing friends. Rich has a great job, I love being a mommy, we live in a beautiful community, we're healthy, we have an awesome ward, and we have the gospel in our lives. We are so blessed.



Our Family



Donae and Bailey



Neil and Aaron



Jarin and Darren



Hollie and Sienna



Rich, Angela, Brent, Thayne, Jennifer, Heather


Here are all the kiddies, they want to wish you a .....

6 comments:

Jake said...

Wow! Sounds like such a fun group. Wish we could have been there. Dominic is a doll!! He should be in a magazine or gap ad.

Kerrie

Jennifer said...

Hey Crystal- it's always fun to have you guys over! Thanks for coming :) I may just link my blog to yours,(if you don't mind) since you did such a great job blogging about the day.

Amber said...

So much fun! I'll have to tell you about my experience with cooking a turkey for the first time.. or maybe I'll just blog it, it is pretty funny! 3 more weeks til we are all in Utah!!

Jennifer said...

P.S. I love the trampoline video.

Deb said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! You need to stop by one of these times you are on this side of town. I'd love to see that sweet boy again--and you, too!

Bev and Jim said...

Thank you so much, sweetheart, for keeping us in the loop, by having such an informative blogspot! I don't feel so far away clear up here in Idaho when I can see that adorable video of Dominic creeping! Good to see your friends and where you had Thanksgiving dinner, & be able to see Dom eat his first Thanksgiving feast! Loved the video of the kids jumping on the trampoline & wishing us a "Happy Thanksgiving"! Back at you!
Love ya, Mom/Mamie & Papa Jim!!